- - provide a platform through which members (parents of pupils) can be informed of developments in the school, exchange information, formulate proposals and actively participate in school life and the education of their children
- - effectively represent parents in the various committees / bodies relating to education and school matters (e.g. Board of Governors, Education Councils, Central Enrolment Authority,…)
- - run the APEEE services
Details of how the various APEEE bodies and services are organised and run are specified in the Rules of Procedure.
In accordance with Article 7 of the APEEE Statutes, parental representation is organised through a system of class representatives who are eligible to vote at General Meetings and to stand for election to the Board. Class representatives may also be nominated to participate in APEEE/School Bodies and/or working groups.
At the beginning of each school year, parents of each class elect a maximum of 4 class representatives. This election takes place during the first parents meeting held with the class teacher(s) at the beginning of the year (see school calendar for dates).
The Class Representatives, acting jointly, have, in particular, the following non exhaustively
- - Represent the parents of the class(es) he/she represents within the Association, in particular regarding any issue related to the class(es) he/she represents, and any issue related to the Association’s purpose and object;
- - Represent the parents of the class(es) he/she represents within the School community, endeavour to resolve any problems related to the class(es) he/she represents, assume communication with the teachers and the School management regarding the class(es);
- - Regularly consult and inform the other parents of the class(es) he/she represents of any relevant issue;
- - As the case may be, stand for election as a representative of a Language Section; and
- - As the case may be, be a candidate for membership of the Management Board to be elected by the General Assembly.
CLASS FUND MANAGER (PRIMARY-NURSERY ONLY)
Out of the 4 class representatives, 1 is nominated to manage any class fund constituted to cover common costs during the school year. This person is known as the CLASS FUND MANAGER.
From the elected class representatives of each section, one representative for primary and one for secondary is elected to represent the language section on the APEEE Board. One representative for all language sections in nursery is also elected from all the nursery class representatives.
WHO’s WHO – LANGUAGE SECTION REPS
The General Assembly of APEEE is open to all contributing members, however, only elected class representatives are eligible to vote. It usually meets once a year during the first school term. Its decisions and recommendations are binding for the APEEE’s bodies and members. The General Assembly elects the APEEE Board and reviews the activity report and financial situation (approving the annual accounts and membership fees) for each academic year. A proxy system is foreseen for class representatives who are unable to attend the meeting in person.
- - 10 class representatives directly elected by the General Assembly (5 every year on a rotation basis)
- - 14 section representatives (2 class representatives elected from each language section, one for secondary and one for primary)
- - 1 representative from nursery classes to be elected from all nursery class representatives
The following officers are elected from the Board: a President, 3 Vice Presidents (responsible for administration, education and communications), a Secretary, a Treasurer and 3 chairs of working groups each responsible for one of the 3 services run by the APEEE.
- - Preparatory working groups on educational matters which are represented on the School Education Councils (one for nursery/primary and one for secondary)
- - Nursery/Primary Topics: e.g. coordination on pedagogical issues in primary, review language learning and approach to LII teaching , European Hours, school trips,…
- - Secondary Topics: e.g. Career guidance, Baccalaureat, Pedagogical reform…