It is jointly organised by the school, APEEE and secondary pupils – an event for the whole school and wider school community - a fun-filled day when lessons are replaced by a range of activities for all ages from nursery to secondary as well as food stands from each language section and pupils’ shows.
Each year there is a theme for Springfest e.g. ‘Sustainable Europe’ and an Opening Ceremony is organised by the pupils of the Secondary school.
Any profits from the event are used to support students’ projects as well as to support charities. Examples of charities supported in the past include: The Smile of the Child asbl , Demiclowns asbl, Panos&Cressida4Life asbl , Mikembo-Mukini.
- - Planned activities on the day
- - Access/security
- - Information related to the impact on the running of APEEE/OIB services (transport, canteen and extra-curricular activities)
- - Sale of tickets & bracelets
- - Request for volunteers
- - Get involved in the organising committee
- - Run/ help with a food stand
- - Contribute food for the food stands (cakes / savoury dishes / specialities)
- - Help with running games for nursery/primary sections
APEEE Springfest Coordinators
Catherine Perrin - APEEE Springfest Manager
Helene Pestanes - APEEE Springfest Secondary Events Liaison
Agnes Boucheron - APEEE Springfest Primary Games co-ordinator
Martine Steenhouwer - adviser and Eurovillage co-ordinator